Sunday, May 1, 2011

Haven't Posted in Awhile

This year will be a year of blogging. I have plenty to blog about. I am very much in love and I have a home. Greg and I have three kids (they are fuzzy kids that meow and poop in a litter box). We are both working extremely flexible hours that give us time together. I really do feel good with who I am and where I am in life. I have a good trajectory and I have plenty of things I still want to do. I am very blessed and I will try to count my blessings on this blog as often as possible. Don't get me wrong, I have some things that are still in process in my life but I am grateful for the opportunity to grow.

For a long time in my adolescence, I always felt like I was gripping a carpet that was about to be ripped out from under me. Nothing in my life was certain from the time I was fifteen. Through high school I survived and worked to hold my head high. In college, I was finally able to let loose and have a bit of a wild streak. I made mistakes and things that I wish I hadn't done but definitely nothing life altering. In fact, I forged some incredible friendships with some pretty awesome ladies. I feel as though I got the full college experience and while I do miss it, I probably wouldn't go back.

Though I didn't know it at the time, I emotionally prepared myself for meeting Greg just before I met him. I made a conscious decision that I would not waste my time with people who did not make me feel good. And I would stop apologizing for my needs and who I am. I still felt like I was standing on a rug about to be ripped away but now I was accepting that fact and ready to go on without my rug.

And then, as if on cue, Greg walked on in. "My soul saw you and kind of said, "Oh there you are. I've been looking for you."  The rug was suddenly there, and a floor, and a foundation and walls and a ceiling and roof. Someone shook up the puzzle that was my life, and when it was dumped onto the ground it was all put together just as it was supposed to. For the first few months we dated, every time I saw him, I would just lean against him and breath. Like I couldn't breath anywhere but next to him.

The universe knew I needed him. Of course I suppose I could have gone along in my life without him, never knowing him. I'm sure I would have been okay but there is no way to know where I would be right now. I do know that it wouldn't be as great as where I am now.

So here is to love and life and the tiny moments that make Mondays and shots and toe stubbings worth it.
Here is to my three fuzzy babies, Simon, Neech and Riley.
Here is to my great friends even though I'm not the greatest at keeping in touch ( I'll work on it I promise)
And here's to my family which feels as though it grows every day.
And also to my love Greg. May I always strive to be my greatest so that we can work together as our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment