Sunday, February 12, 2012

Centerpieces!

Personal Photo
Personal Photo
I am so stoked! My centerpieces are almost done. Months of hoarding glass bottles and jars have payed off, and it's one more thing I can erase from the budget. I finally sat down and figured out how many bottles I would need to make my tables look full. On my dining room floor, I taped out the dimensions of my table runner/table so I could visualize better. I brought out some of my jar collection and arranged them as follows. It is going to look great. And the best part about it is that I am only short a few bottles. Nothing that a few weeks of drinking starbucks or making spagetti from a jar won't fix. I won't even need to rent or buy kerr jars like I originally thought. I still need to buy 3 more little antique medicine bottles to use as bud vases but I already have 15!
Like I said, that is way more to check off the budget, since really, all these bottles are free except the antique ones. I also started stockpiling all glass bottles that go through our house (compulsion I think). I plan to recycle them. I did take pictures so you can see my process. I hope you can visualize, like me, how cool this will look when it has pink and ivory wildflowers and candles in the jars.
Anyone else putting something free (or somthing you would have bought anyway) to use at your wedding?


No comments:

Post a Comment