Friday, February 3, 2012

6 Months to Go

As of Tomorrow we are at the 6 month mark. That sounds so short in wedding planning time but so long in real life time. (Wedding Planning Time is exponentially longer because no decision can ever be made in an instant, because if you do it feels like it's too easy and you are doing something wrong)

I really just want to be married already but there are so many hoops to jump through. I have gotten a lot done however. We have finalized the guest list (yay that was so stressful!), finalized the rental items, and contacted caterers and florists. We are inviting 70 people but I expect only 45 or so to attend.

I even found a pig to roast! He is probably still a baby but by the time August rolls around he will be a 150lb porker, ripe for the roasting. By the way that is not 150lbs of meat, thats 150lbs live weight. We pretty much nailed down what we want for the menu. Roast pig, baked potato bar (with cheese, mushrooms, salsa, grilled chicken, black beans, spinach, etc everything to make a baked potato awesome), and grilled hearts of romaine caesars. Mmmm I can't wait for our wedding food.

Last night I was working on the hanky that I will be wearing for the wedding. It's antique, white, and has a great soft feel to it. I love the feel of it. But it was only after I bought it, I found that there was a big fat embroidered K on it. My future initial will be L so this wouldn't work. Oh I wish I had taken pictures because last night I took a seam ripper and tweezers to it and got the K totally out. I did stab myself in the index finger with the seam ripper so typing is hard today. Anyway after I ironed it, it looks totally great.

Today I am meeting with the photographer. We are having coffee and going antiquing. We are also going to be discussing the possibility of a Boudoir photo shoot. She is giving me an awesome deal on it and I am really excited. I am going to give it to FH as a wedding present.

1 comment:

  1. A baked potato bar sounds delish!
    Congrats on hitting the 6 mo. mark. It'll be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete