Monday, January 30, 2012

Luckiest Girl in the World

I cannot believe how generous my future in-laws are. I am almost at a loss for words. All I can say is that I am so lucky to know such wonderful people, let alone becoming part of their family.
They are in town for a few days to ski and hang out with 2/4 of their children who live up here. FH and his older brother who just bought a house here. FMIL was way excited to talk about the wedding, which was a blast. I told her the breakdown of all the costs, letting them know we were planning on paying for all of it, even though they had said the would contribute. We were puzzling over the guest list, trying to keep it around 40 people to keep cost down. It was impossible though.
Until... FFIL and FMIL decided to multiply my budget by 2.5. The only string attached was that we invite all the aunts and  uncles, which is just fine since we wanted to be able to invite them anyway.
This takes such a huge weight off my shoulders. I started crying as soon as we got in the car to go home. Poor FH was trying to cheer me up but I wasn't even sad. I wasn't even sure what I was crying about.  I just was so grateful.
So we get to have our perfect wedding. I crunched the numbers last night and no matter how hard I try, I still have a surplus in the budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment