Wednesday, January 11, 2012

***SPOILER ALERT**** BRIDESMAID GIFTS

IF YOU ARE ONE OF MY BRIDESMAIDS DO NOT READ THIS!!!!!! Or I will be sad. :(

After perusing Etsy.com for a lonnnnggggg time for bridesmaid gifts, I found a lot of great ones. Mostly personalized jewelry that I thought was cute. The down side was the cost. While $35 for a personalized sterling bracelet isn't much, it is once you multiply it by four. And since my bridesmaids have vastly different styles I wasn't sure they would all be happy with their gift.
As I was thinking of ways to cut cost, I remembered that I am a sewing fiend. I love to sew. My mom used to sew all my costumes growing up. I decided to put my skill to good use and sew my bridesmaids a gift. It wasn't until I found this picture down below that I knew what though. So I'm sewing one for each of my attendants in a color that they love. Mauve for Miss A, Peach for SEC, Pink for SL, and light Sage for E. It's polyester Charmeuse which is more than likely what the silky lingerie robe you have is made from. It's similar to satin but much lighter.
These are all colors that they unknowingly told me they loved. I'm hoping they love them. I will hand them out at the rehearsal dinner and have them wear them while we get ready so we can do cute pictures like the ones above. I'm making myself an ivory one to match. I also plan on embroidering their names on the pockets to make them personalized. I ordered the fabric today so this should give me something to do for awhile.

Mauve for A
Miss A - My little (2 years younger) sister. She is spunky, outgoing and way cute. She somehow got the boob gene that I lack. She hasn't had her natural hair color since she was about 15. She always looks so pretty. Sadly by the time the wedding rolls around, I won't have seen her for 2 years!

Peach for SEC


Miss SEC - Her full name is 30 letters long!?! She is my sorority sister and honorary big sis. She is about as funny as they come and we became fast friends as soon as we met. While we don't keep in contact as much as we should, I always love talking to  her and I am so freakin excited to see her. She is tall and blonde.


Pink for SL
Miss SL- FH little sister, she's not little, she's a year older than I. She is an awesome skiier and is actually a ski instructor at a luxury resort in Colorado. She is also blonde with blue eyes.



Light Sage for E
Miss E - One of my best friends from high school, she is so freaking smart! She was third in our graduating class and has been applying to some awesome grad schools lately. She will actually be getting married only a few weeks before I so she will be Mrs. E W at the wedding. She is tall, well taller than me and so pretty. She is going to be such a gorgeous bride.



Courtesy enfianced.com
http://www.enfianced.com/casa-del-mar-wedding-by-lane-dittoe/

I mean how cute are those!
Thumbnails from onlinefabricstore.net


Addendum:
Personal Photo
The fabric came in yesterday. It's so pretty! But guess what... I ordered too little. I have enough for everything but the sleeves, pretty crucial 'cause I'm not going for the redneck cutoff sleeves look. So I am ordering more. Luckily it was less than $4 a yard! Ah I love bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment