Thursday, January 5, 2012

Groomology

I bought the book Groomology by Michael Essany, from Barnes and Noble after reading a few excerpts on Amazon.com. I  bought it because the author was funny and I hoped that it would make FH become enthused about the wedding planning process. It's not that he is opposed to it, he just thinks that 7 months is too long to start planning (Ah! The little knot.com wedding planning timeline devil on my shoulder is dying!). The book is funny and concise. I read it all the day we got it in the mail. I strategically left it on the coffee table for FH to pick up but as they say, you can lead a horse to water...

Tomorrow, we are going to get engagement photos taken and I am surprised to see that FH is excited. He went to get a haircut today while I was working. He asked me what to wear, and he seems like he will be having fun. I am really hoping he enjoys being engaged as much as I do.

I've been slowly working on getting him more and more involved. There are definitely certain things he cares about, such as the menu (he is dead set on a whole roast pig) but I'm trying to help him see that it is fun to be involved. I've been doing this by only talking about the wedding when I am giving him a back rub. He always listens then, or having the kitchen spotless promptly after dinner for a week leading up to the engagement shoot. Of course, he knows it makes me happy so he usually "gets coordinated" as he calls it, without a fuss.

I'm wondering what other tactics might work. I was hoping he would read the Groomology book because it does include a lot of tips about enjoying the process, as well as treating your stressed out fiance (me).

Has anyone else read the Groomology book? Are there any special tricks that you've used to persuade a reluctant groom? How did they work?

No comments:

Post a Comment