Friday, January 27, 2012

A Huge Relief

I must confess I have been stressing out about the guest list. It has been a major point of contention. FH and I want to have it AS SMALL AS POSSIBLE. But that doesn't seem to happen. I have set the cutoff mark at 42 people. That is for one long table (actually 5 8' banquet tables set end to end). It actually might work. We might get away with it.
My worry was that FH has a large family. His parents both have 2-3 siblings each, and each of them have 2-3 kids, and even some of them have kids. It's tough to decide who goes and who stays, but many of those cousins I have never met. We are really only inviting those that we are close with or have regular contact with.
But our dream of having a small wedding is coming true. It's awesome because this shrinks our budget too! I only have to buy 5 tablecloths at $12 each ($60) from smartyhadaparty.com. I am making my own burlap runners, purchased from save-on-crafts.com. And this means I need way fewer bottles for my centerpieces (hello antique stores). Now that I have less people coming, my world of options has expanded. I only have to make around 30 invitations! And my cost for rentals just went down exponentially. Ah so excited.

My FFIL and FMIL are coming into town this weekend. I am so excited to see them and discuss the wedding. They have both said they would like to contribute so I am hoping to have some rough numbers crunched for them.

How did you whittle down your guest list? Anyone else having a super tiny wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment