Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Stationary

Being fairly artistic (I was an art major in college) as well as pretty computer savvy, it only makes sense for me to do my own invitations. As with everything else wedding related, I have been plotting my invitations for waaaaay longer than FH(future hubby) and I have been engaged. But of course, my decisions change with the days of the week. I am going to have some help with my Save-The-Dates, as they will primarily be emailed STD's except for my grandma and other relatives who aren't too hip on the internet yet. I am getting help from my Fiance's Brother's Wife's Mother (did you follow?) who is a graphic designer. The STD's are vintage-y with 5 different pretty fonts. It will be modeled after an STD from weddingpaperdivas.com, one of my favorite sites. Other sites I peruse for stationary ideas are minted.com and crane.com. I'm not too attached to the STD's to be honest.
From http://papermadedesign.com/
Custom Design
I'm more excited about the invitations. I've been in love with the ombre trend so I will try to incorporate ombre watercolor look into them and I found an absolutely fabulous font!
It's called "shipped Goods" from dafont.com. http://www.dafont.com/shipped-goods.font
Unfortunately, it is pretty difficult to read. I can read it fine of course, because I wrote it, but my FH, bridesmaid, and friends at work weren't able to read the first line. I have to get a different font for the pertinent details and do maybe a mismatched font thing.
The invitation itself is pretty simple. Flat 5x7 card with a 3.5x5 RSVP card with a 4 bar envelope, all enclosed in a Lee Bar (5.25x7.25) envelope. I will most likely be getting the paper and envelopes from paper-source.com. They have all the sizes I need and seem to come in really pretty paper.
I'm going to print them at home, I have a pretty nice printer (that I got on black friday for $40!) and can buy good paper. If that doesn't work however, I may go to fedex or staples to have them printed.

Anyone have any luck or misfortune with printing their own invitations? How about with using Fedex or Staples? Any quick tips for either?
Also specifically what is the paper like from paper-source.com? They seem to have lots of different papers but I can't tell the difference on my monitor from the PS paper and the Luxe or Stardream papers.

No comments:

Post a Comment