Thursday, January 5, 2012

Wedding Nightmares

The wedding is in 7 months as of yesterday and I have been having wedding nightmares for at least a month now. Most of them I'm in California by a pool in a city on a hot sunny day and it's the day of my wedding (definitely not me). I realize it's not where my wedding is supposed to be. My colors are wrong, all the outfits are wrong and I don't know any of the guests. Then I go to the closet to put on my dress and there are 15 dresses that all look kind of like my dress but have weird beading or are pink or are short and they are all wrong. I dig to the back of the closet but I still dont' find my dress in the sea of tulle and chiffon.

Last night my dream was about the Engagement session we have tomorrow. I spent the entire dream trying to figure out what to wear, nothing looked right and I was stressed out of my mind. I kept trying on ugly outfits and changing and wasnt' able to find the elusive item of clothing. Of course I still don't know what I'll wear tomorrow for the session. I will probably be modeling for my uncooperative FH (future husband) for a few hours tonight.

Yesterday, while perusing wedding blogs and generally obsessing about every detail of weddings (like usual), I saw a post about elopements and it showed a bride and groom sitting in a row boat looking happy as could be. Ah, elopement. That sounds so nice, easy, stylish and CHEAP. I'm so sick of looking at a favor or a centerpiece I would like then realizing I have to mulitply the cost by 70 and then getting disheartented. I had done so much planning for my wedding even before we got engaged that I thought it would be easy to just tie off the loose ends and then relax. I had already rented all the wedding related books from the library over four months ago. I've already read all the etiquette guides, subscribed to the magazines, found my "look". It should be easy now. Instead I find myself to be stressed even more because now that I am actually trying to recreat my vision, the budget isn't fitting. It sucks not having any money because I know I am going to have to wait until the 11th hour to buy wedding things. I'm just spinning my wheels now and driving myself crazy thinking about all the possibilities.

Because I was a wedding planner and have dealt with brides frequently, I sort of knew what I didn't want to be like. So for that my dear bridesmaids should thank me. I work very hard on not discussing the wedding everytime we talk. I try to know what is going on in their lives. My co-workers however, get the full brunt of my bridezilla-ness. I talk about it a lot at work. I rationalize it because people ask me about it all the time at work. I am trying to be a good bride but I am stressed. Of course, it's probably just getting to that time of the month, honestly.

 The biggest thing I am worried about is not being able to just hang out with FH on our wedding day. That's all I want to do. I want to wear my pretty dress and hang out with FH. I really don't care about anything else but I feel as though I should. I'm so scared that the day will fly by and I won't have gotten to enjoy it because I was so worried about getting this picture and that picture and saying hi to this long lost relative and rushing to the next even. I just want to have fun.

With this I am going to attempt to take the weekend off of wedding planning. This is a huge step. I would say month but I know I can't do it. Of course I sound commited now, but Say Yes to the Dress is all new on Friday...

Have you hit walls in  your wedding planning where  you feel like eloping? How did you overcome those? Anyone who is married, were you able to enjoy your wedding day and your husband? Any tips for doing so?
Also any funny wedding nightmares? My married friend said even her fiance (now hubby) had nightmares!

No comments:

Post a Comment